Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amended return delay stimulus check?

I checked in IRS website and it showed that I am eligible for the 3rd stimulus check but no payment date.  I filled my 2020 return and one amended return for 2020 before they sent out the stimulus check. Just wondering if they are going to send me the stimulus check after they process my amended return? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

It might be but overall the IRS is backlogged and therefore it just takes the IRS longer to send out all stimulus checks. Please keep checking IRS Get My Payment for updates.

• If you have an adjusted gross income (AGI) under $75,000 ($150,000 married filing jointly), you will be eligible for the full $1,400 stimulus payment.  
  • Payments will begin to be reduced for individuals making $75,000 or above in AGI ($150,000 for married filing jointly.)
  • Once your AGI reaches $80,000 for individuals ($160,000 married filing jointly) you will be ineligible for a payment.

Unusually, it is best to wait until your original return has been processed before filing an amended return to avoid any delays. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

yes my amended return has been processed (it has been shown in my tax transcript). 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

The worst case scenario would be reporting the missing 3rd stimulus payment on the 2021 tax return filed in the spring of 2022.

For more information about the third stimulus payment, see:

Where’s My Third Stimulus Check? | The TurboTax Blog

How will the third stimulus impact me?

Thank you. In this case, if my income in 2021 is much higher than mine in 2020, will it influence the amount I would receive ?

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Yes. The 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit will be based on 2021 income levels, as the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit was based on 2020 income levels.

Questions and Answers about the Third Economic Impact Payment — Topic H: Reconciling on Your 2021 Ta...

@dwightmlol

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies