Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After you file

Just as I expected. After being accepted two weeks ago by the IRS, having filed on January 13,2022 and somehow my unemployment was entered twice on my return, have no idea because I know for a fact that I only entered it once, and doubled my AGI, and yes I should’ve thoroughly checked it over before I sent it which I thought I did, the  IRS put a message on WMR saying that they apologize that my tax return will not be processed in the normal timeframe and will be delayed. I will never use TurboTax again

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
DPANZARELLO1
Returning Member

After you file

I'm in a similar situation not with workers comp or unemployment but I filed the same day you did the 13th and today it says exactly what it said to you when you check?!

After you file

It’s ridiculous. I’ve seen people file on February 1 and have their money less than a week later. Had the child tax credit like I do. I can’t understand it. If the IRS processes tax  returns in the order they are received, how’s this possible that people filing weeks later are being processed first?

After you file

Turbotax is not a reliable tax firm and when you catch them in a lie they hurry up and pass you off to someone else or act like you made the mistakes.. They are already being sued for over charging customers to file their taxes after they choose the free filing option then after they filed with turbo tax they extorted customers to pay them if they wanted their refunds. Look it up.

After you file

Yes I agree that TT isn’t reliable. I won’t use it ever again 

After you file

The law does not allow the IRS to process a return with Child Tax Credit until mid-February.  If one was processed earlier there was some problem allowing that to happen.  I have never waited more than a few days for my return to be processed and have been using TurboTax since 1993.  

Almost all returns are processed within three weeks.  Some forms or errors may need to be processed by a human and those can take a lot longer to process.  It is almost always user error when a return is held up.

After you file

" I have never waited more than a few days for my return to be processed "

You've been lucky.

I filed  end of April 2021 and my refund has gone down the rabbit hole, still never to be seen.

After you file

Almost all returns are processed within three weeks? That’s not true. What a ridiculous statement. There’s millions of people out there that are waiting a hell of a lot longer than three weeks to get their tax returns processed. And no it was not my error that caused it to be held up-turboTax imported my 1099 unemployment tax form. Blame needs to go where it should and that’s with TurboTax

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

After you file

The IRS started this filing season further behind than they have ever been in history.  Dealing with the IRS this year is not the same as the IRS of past years.  

This is the national taxpayer advocate's report to Congress for this year.  It's got a lot of information in it but its biggest takeaways are that the IRS started 2021's filing season with 6 million 2020 returns, 2.3 million amended returns, 5 million quarterly returns and 5 million pieces of correspondence unprocessed.  That was how they started the year.

It's just getting more interesting from there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

YEA SO I GUESS THATS WHY TT AND CREDIT KARMA ALSO FIRST CENTURY BANK GOT THE HEADS UP TO LITERALLY BEND OVER THE TAX PAYERS THIS YEAR EARLY WITH THE PROMISE OF QUICK CASH BY OFFERING THIS ADVANCE. HUH....

After you file

At this point turbo tax screwed me really bad this year me and my babies are homeless thats why i applied and was approved for the advance only to get nothing but lie's and the run around this BS couldn't have happened to me at a worser time i give up im not even sure i'll receive my taxes at all this year way to many mistakes already via turbo tax credit karma and first century bank with this pandemics food prices rising whats next ww3...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies