turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wandc3

I entered a lot of information on my [remove] account and now it is gone. How can I get it back.

The program Its Deductible that I used the other day did not have last years info. 
The program required me to change pass words.  Maybe this stated a new account.  The program thinks I have two accoundt with the same user ID.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I entered a lot of information on my [remove] account and now it is gone. How can I get it back.

Actually...its not two account with the same UserID...it's two Deductible accounts with the same Email address on file.

It might be easier this year to just enter your Deductions directly in the TurboTax Tax software without using ITsDeductible at all.  There are a bunch of problems with it this year.

IF you had an ITsDeductible UserID that you historically used....but that UserID was different from your tax account....then what you entered may have been into a new ItsDeductible account that had the same UserID as your tax account......(but I can only guess at what you actually did)...no, you cannot combine accounts.

....for Online Software Users: 

While the early releases of the software appear to indicate that you can import ItsDeductible data from an account with a different UserID, that is currently not available and may not be allowed this year. 

Going forward, should you decide to continue to use ItsDeductible, I would encourage you to only record your ItsDeductible donations in an account that has the same UserID as your tax account. 

Unfortunately, this is going to cause you extra manual entry work this year, putting your donations directly into the tax software, unless you want to wait a month or two to see if TTX developers or management decide to fix the foul-up....no promises that they will.

(Desktop software users do not have this limitation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Actually...its not two account with the same UserID...it's two Deductible accounts with the same Email address on file.

It might be easier this year to just enter your Deductions directly in the TurboTax Tax software without using ITsDeductible at all.  There are a bunch of problems with it this year.

IF you had an ITsDeductible UserID that you historically used....but that UserID was different from your tax account....then what you entered may have been into a new ItsDeductible account that had the same UserID as your tax account......(but I can only guess at what you actually did)...no, you cannot combine accounts.

....for Online Software Users: 

While the early releases of the software appear to indicate that you can import ItsDeductible data from an account with a different UserID, that is currently not available and may not be allowed this year. 

Going forward, should you decide to continue to use ItsDeductible, I would encourage you to only record your ItsDeductible donations in an account that has the same UserID as your tax account. 

Unfortunately, this is going to cause you extra manual entry work this year, putting your donations directly into the tax software, unless you want to wait a month or two to see if TTX developers or management decide to fix the foul-up....no promises that they will.

(Desktop software users do not have this limitation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I need help accessing my old data in itsdeductible online. I have four accounts associated with my email, unsure as to why there are so many, but I have checked all and am unable to locate the data. What is the best way to get a intuit person on board to find my account and data?

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies