Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

I’m still on one bar with tax topic 152 hopefully Saturday when the path act msg lifted i have two bar are on 2/16 which i think most of us going to see updates by 2/16 that’s Sunday coming 

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold. According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s my refund for your personalized refund date.

WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go App will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so Where’s My Refund? remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? is only updated once daily, usually overnight, so you don’t need to check the status more often.

Why every year I get over here seem like people go to copy and paste stuff on the site on things that we already seen to know. Lmoa just saying makes no sense and that's just a waste of your time and ours.. continue

Did you get your refund?

Absolutely.  Everyone seems to know everything.  I'm wondering do they work for the IRS

Continuing...I’m one of those people today my name is not hidden. I like facts from the IRS website I’ve seen post from a lot of people who aren’t in this thread on here and they clearly do not know and have recently posted asking when will they receive their refund and why is it being held if you know congratulations but those who don’t know here you go

Has anyone received their state? I’m in Ohio.

I got my ohio 2 weeks ago.

I get my state this week, im in wisconsin

Kentucky follows the irs on the hold till med february. So my state is still on hold too, they are supposed to start processing today.

@lilspanky132  well I did mention this earlier to someone about this. But I did call about a refund of my own as the lady said that they haven't started processing our retuens yet because they haven't received word to. and why they keep putting on the website going to start today if they're not going to start at all. This is just like last year when it was supposed to start process 11th only 11 maybe like a day or a couple days after that that's why people are getting their refunds late

By the way I'm from/live in Kentucky too. 

Still nothing yet for me. Accepted on 1/21, I estimated 21 days being 2/11 which is tomorrow. I live in Florida so we don't file state taxes. I found a generator thing online, unsure of its reliability, where you put in your acceptance date and it tells you what date you get your direct deposit at the latest. Mine said the 10th so I set up direct deposit alerts with my bank account to see if I get my deposit sometime in the next 48 hours. I also heard somewhere that they send DDs on Thursday nights for the week before, does anyone know if there is any truth to that statement?

My state says processed on 02/03. Should be posted in 15 business days so was checking if by chance sooner. I had to do a ID quiz.

Wait. Do you count the weekends or no as your 11 so days

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies