Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

Yes, 

You can order your transcripts if you are not able to view them online or set up an account. 

However just because it gives you the option to chose Tax year 2019 does not mean you have a completed transcript.  If it's not completed or processed the letter will come in the mail stating no transcript available. 

Happened to me last year. 

Updates to WMR for people with Path Act are done on Saturdays anywhere from 3am to 6:30am depending on your time zone. That is for everyone on the Path Act. 

Everyone on the Path Act is weekly NOT daily. After the C-freese on the 15th, everyone goes back to their rightful daily processing.

Like previous years on the 16th you should get a message on WMR  that has no bars and says '' returned received and processing'' If you see that message don't be alarmed it's an inbetween message for the IRS computer for Path Act people.  On the 17th you should receive your 2 bars and a DD date back up on WMR. from there rest easy. 

Here is the info on what a C-freeze hold is and how it was created for Path Act people only, 

If you get a transcript in that had certain codes on there and one is a 507 it's a hold code meaning the C freeze hold is in place untill the 15th when the hold lifts. Then the 507 hold code will disappear when your account updates with the WMR after the 15th. 

I hope this helps everyone understand the whole Pact Act and how it works. 

C- Freeze - Refund Holds
  1. The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 (the PATH Act), was enacted on December 18, 2015. The PATH Act contains several changes to the tax law that affect individuals, families, and businesses, and help safeguard against tax fraud. The PATH Act mandates that the IRS not issue any refund on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15th.

2. All current year tax returns that claim EITC and/or ACTC filed before February 15th, will contain a C- freeze on the account, to hold the refund.

3. Prior to February 15th, the refund cannot be released:

• by inputting any type of adjustment to the account

• due to a hardship (hardships will not be considered as long as the C- freeze is on the account). This includes the part of the refund that is not associated with the EITC or ACTC.

4. The C- freezes will be systemically released on February 15th for modules processed daily, and on the first Thursday after February 15th for modules processed weekly. If February 15th falls on a Thursday, both daily and weekly modules will be systemically released on the 15th. Module processing can be found in the upper right corner on CC IMFOL. Refer to IRM 21.4.1.4, Refund Inquiry Response Procedures, and IRM 21.4.1.4.2, Return/Refund Located, for additional information.

-C Freeze
  1. The -C freeze, Combat Zone Indicator, is set when a TC 150 posts with Computer Condition Code (CCC) "K" or a TC 500 is input with CCC 52, 54, or 56 to any module on the account. Refer to I5.19.10.6, Combat Zone Accounts, and/or Document 6209 Section 

i filed and accepted 1-31 and still no path or update, i have 1 bar. i have a ddd for my state thought it deposits on the 14th, im in wisconsin.

Here's the link to the IRS hold codes and what they mean. 

https://www.irs.gov/irm/part21/irm_21-005-006r#idm[phone number removed]672

I had to dig into google to find it but there you go. scroll down a little bit until you see ' C-FREEZE Holds'' and that explains the path act to a T. 

@afrocherokeegirl 

I was accecpted on 27th, still 1 bar. 

Updates are done on Saturdays only for us between the hours of 3am and 6:30am. I would check WMR tomorrow at 7am. First batch of people updated last Saturday now it's our turn. 

@checkitg_33 Topic 152 does mean it was accepted. In fact Topic 152 doesn't show up until it has been accepted. AND on top of that right at the top of WMR the Accepted block is filled in.............

Accepted doesn't mean anything in regards to getting your refund. It just means we have it and it will get processed. You were right on that part.

Accepted essentialy means that your return passed the standard IRS computer matching system. 

Names match, SS#'s match, birthdays match and so fourth. 

After that it goes to the next stage of checking the numbers and what not. It will not go into approved status until the numbers check out and are good to go. 

I don’t have a 507on mine I only have 150,766,768,806

Quick update:

Filed and accepted 1/23

Claiming both EIC and ACTC

One bar, tax topic 152

I still HAVE NOT updated to PATH message

Yesterday both transcripts were completely BLANK

Checked transcripts this morning and they have UPDATED!

I now have a cycle date of 20200605

Transcripts are definitely more reliable than WMR

I will check in the morning to see if I change to PATH even though I know not everyone does that has both credits. But I do know that I am a weekly based on my cycle code 

@caron1981  How you know what batch you are in i file 1/25 and accepted 1/27

@Shottamike23 

No one way to tell honestly.  

I believe the first batch updated to path last Saturday 

Second batch is this Saturday so that's us. 

Does not  necessarily mean your refund will come mater. Just means when your account updates the second Saturday after opening day.  After the 15th you should go back to your daily update schedule of deposit date. Mines never changed even if I was processed late. 

@caron1981  So do you think I’m in the second batch i only have tax topic 152 code and no path act msg 

@Shottamike23 

More than likely you are. 

The irs receives hundreds of thousands of returns the very second tax day opens. They have multiple IMF computers that receive them and process them. After that they go to the main IMF system  or internal master file to post. Its easier for them to do it in batches. How the computers decide on the batches no clue. 

I disperse about 740k a day at work via batch coding and operate almost the same way. It's what eve the computer spits out and does really. 

@caron1981 So how you know all of this stuff and so tomorrow i should see my one bar disappear with path act msg are what and do you think I’m get my DDD on 2/22 are before that

@briesmith6  I'm with you.  My transcripts were not there for 2019 then today it showed one under acct transcripts but it was completely blank like I didn't file. Just gna wait for the update tomorrow hopefully. I'm pretty sure I'm in second batch. No bars anymore just topic 152

And how long does that take

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies