turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

What number are you people calling to talk to the IRS? The one on their website ending in 1040 takes me directly to the automated system and I’ve called every hour on the hour today and have not been able to talk to anyone. Am I calling the wrong number???

@Halljr71. one eight hundred eight two nine ten 40 extension 652 it took me strait to a live agent no automated things it did take 17 minutes to get ahold of somebody but was put on hold never did the automated system

@LadyBee  IRS.gov website 

go to Tax Documents

Did a little research @LadyBee. Transcript is on the IRS.gov website. Once you ask for the transcript you will be able to see the codes that they have put in. 

I believe it’s under Account Transcripts or Return Transcripts 

I called that number and they don’t give me an option to enter an extension 

@3bowsandabeau my irs online account transcript 

https://www.irs.gov/

click on  "get your tax record" then go through the motions on there to create an account and verify your information. Afterwards you will get access to your transcripts and the information you want is as follows. Is there a 2019 on your return transcripts area? Also, click on your Account transcripts to get the "codes"  There are a few different 3 digit codes depending on your situation but the most important and the one that matters most is "846" meaning your refund has been processed and that it is headed to your account! Until that code is there nothing else matters whatsoever. TT doesn't have the information EVER and WMR sometimes doesn't update like it should but the Account Transcripts will tell you everything! I hope this cures all of you guys problems and lets you stop calling the IRS ass they need to be processing returns not answering 2,000,000,000 questions!

Same fingers crossed. But I'm not holding my breath. I expect funds around the 2nd of march.

I heard after path lifted we all switch to daileys 

@King Strut Thanks so much for that! I totally agree with not inundating the IRS with phone calls when they need to be focusing on processing returns. Give em a break🙏🏽

I know this is about the federal but has anyone had any update on there new york state return? Mines keep saying "Receive an email alert from us as soon as your refund is approved. We will notify you of the amount of your refund and when you can expect to receive it" does anyone else have this message?

I'm from NY and mine says the same exact thing. It has been this way for 14days or so.

On the FB page people are getting letters left and right, kinda have me freaking out now. I don't know why, but this has been the most stressful year for me in all my years of filing taxes lol

It's so strange because it says my federal has been accepted since January  23 & my state since January 27 ...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies