Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Eitc/Actc pathers only 2018 tax year

i didnt know I was in default I filled out a hardship and it was accepted and i didnt have to make payment. but i think that only lasted for a year. So there is no point in calling them?

No its already too late. If I remember correctly, you have to be paying on it for 9 months and be on time with every payment before it's considered to be out of default and there's no way to do that this late in the game.

@bcrowl23 you have to stay on top of it. Hardships only last for 1 year. It's your due diligence, to keep up with your student loans. I would call so that you can get things set up so that they won't penalize you for next year. Because if you don't they will continue taking your refunds until you pay them off.

I didnt know any of this.  Cant believe my whole refund is gone lol. I didnt get aletter I had no idea this was going to happen 

Try to get in touch and figure it out so next yr
U won't have to deal with this again

You kind of have to assume if you owe a federal type of debt to the government they are going to take it. My husband has a $1300 school loan from 1993! I knew they would take it the first chance they got but at least it's paid off and now I don't have to worry about it. Next year we won't have to deal with offsets thank goodness.

I thought about filing an injured spouse form since it's just his debt not mine, I mean I was only 3 years old when he got that loan so I don't think it should fall on me but we still have about 6k left so oh well we know it's paid off at least

Well guys I think I've finally bi*ched enough that hrb wants to call me regarding my concerns 😂 I guess they didnt like me calling them out on giving everyone different timelines, it started out as it would take 24-48 hours from the 27th for refunds to hit, then they say 3 days, then 3-5 days and they hen 1-5 days. They don't even know. Then they said their bank doesn't process on the then he weekends, then say that refunds will be there no later than the 2nd date on wmr. So I tell them that they just contradicted themselves because theyhenhehathemhsyhey said no later than the 2nd date, 3-5 business days from the 27th would be the 4th-6th. Which would be on or after the 2nd date! H&R Block seriously doesn't have a clue. They say they need the extra time for processing yet NetSpend doesn't need the same amount of time, really no other bank does. But Axos bank is a 1 star rated bank, they should care more about their customers money than to hand it over to such a terrible bank. That with the fact that their fees were not "transparent" and they did not get me my max refund like advertised, I am not happy and will never use them again.
Mjp
Level 3

When will sbb start showing a pending deposit for the 27th

Hopefully soon
🙏

For the 2/27 DDD people, once it gets to SBB will we get the update text from Turbo Tax? I'm so confused on the timeline now..

I'm still waiting to be sent. I'm approved for the 27 but ive read a few post that say accepted and still waiting on SBBANK since Thursday. Does wmr say sent before or after I'm so confused with their timing this year?

How did you know they took it?

You have never seen Santa Barbara TPG hold that long on refunds the only way that is to me is the 27th is the date IRS gave for people who was on Path wait so don’t worry you will have it that date 27th I don’t wait on email or text cause turbo has been 24 hrs to 14 hrs behind telling me anything about my refund lol I have always checked TPG day before the date and the day of usually when I see it and within few hours it in my bank. Irs made this year really for sure example too on these dates

If people haven’t seen their refund on TPG site it’s because they have yet to get from irs and irs doesn’t always release right away so it will be the 27th as they said I never had problem with ddd and being in my bank on the date given but I have not ever gotten it early either only the date I was given by irs
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies