Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jasper
Returning Member

2017 Tax Forms - can't retrieve

I hope this is now I do a new thread.  When I go into my computer I find my 2017 TurboTax but, it also tells me they don't have it, but I have my extension paperwork.  

Maybe,, what they are trying to say is that I didn't file a 2017 return???  When I thought I did, but what they think is I just requested an extension.  So, once I'm back from the CPA - next week appointment, maybe then I file the 2017 return?    I am truly confused... I just don't know where my previous work is .  Thanks for your help.  And, I have no idea what BOARD to choose..  I hope I'm in the right place.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

Thanks for responding & starting a new thread! 

If you filed an extension, you most likely have not filed your return. 
If you're completely uncertain if you filed your return or not, you can check on the IRS website to check your refund status. 

If you worked on your return and did not finish it, you should be able to "continue" in the software. If you did not, you can click "Start a new return" in the bright blue on the bottom. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jasper
Returning Member

Thank you again, because I think that is what happened.  I did the extension - sent in my amount due; and that was it.  Once I see the CPA to see why TurboTax says I'm not answering the questions correctly, I can then go in - as you mention - and try to complete it.  I think it is not considered filed because when I went in and asked to see my 2017 return, it said Turbotax did not have it..   I just hope next year will be easier;  Also, in 2017 I used the Home and Business.  This year we have no business - and I don't want to pay for something I don't need so I need to go down to just home - how do I do that because they usually just notify me I have been charged!  Thanks

GabiU
Level 15

TurboTax is a tax preparation software, so anything you see about amount due or amount receiving back is not official until you send in your 2017 tax forms and they get processed by the IRS. TurboTax says you're not answering questions correctly? 

By the way, if you have Home & Business, you can call into our Tax Advice line and speak to a professional, you've technically paid for it through buying the product. 

Are you signed up with TurboTax Advantage? I may have change your preferences for Tax Year 2018. Which product would you like instead? 

Jasper
Returning Member

Not specifically saying I'm NOT responding correctly, it just doesn't or can't compute the numbers I put in.  Which is why I am going to a CPA next week.  I filed an application for extension - sent along my money and now I want to finalize my 2017 return  - which I hope to do next week. Then I think, TurboTax will let me continue.  

I have the Home & Business now, and I think all I will need for 2018 is the Basic --  the $59..  one.  Thanks so much for your help.  Have a great evening.  GabiU... You have been super!

GabiU
Level 15

Absolutely! I'll get back to you soon with an update. 

GabiU
Level 15

I've Private Messaged you! Let me know if I can help out in any other way. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies