turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-A and Form 8962

I filed my taxes on Jan 30th and my return was accepted by the IRS. I just got a letter saying I need to send a 1095-A and 8962. Can I still send these through turbo tax or will these have to be mailed and wait again? I

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

1095-A and Form 8962

You can use TurboTax just to create the Form 8962 which you will have to mail or fax to the IRS- you cannot efile.  There is a special address/fax in the notice you received from the IRS- they only process these forms so the turnaround is fairly quick.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1095-A and Form 8962

I am experiencing the same as the above person. My follow up question is how can you create the 8962 with turbotax then?

1095-A and Form 8962

I filed my taxes on 2/11 got accepted 3/12 got letter and faxed on 3/28, I received a fax confirmation that my 1095 and other document that requested was received through the fax machine. Can you advice me on how long would it take to process?
Mae-sa

1095-A and Form 8962

I'm having the same issue. My question is how can I use turbo tax to create the Form 8962 that I would use to mail?

1095-A and Form 8962

It should be easy for you to enter completed return and approach though forms section. Pull up your form and complete and print. Of course, you cannot efile since you already have. You are simply creating your form.

Lynncand

1095-A and Form 8962

To complete the Form 8962 in Turbo Tax (based on a 1095-A received), from the menu bar select:

"View"

"Forms"

In the search window type "1095-A"

- Complete the Turbo Tax form and the Form 8962 will populate.

Alternatively, to be guided through the health insurance section, from the menu bar select:

"View"

"Step-by-Step"

"Personal"

Select the "Health Insurance" tab and you will be walked through completion.

Manage cookies