Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

$100 Bonus For depositing tax refund

Hello, 

I hope this helps someone. I can help you obtain the $100.00 credit promised. I recently ran into this same issue. I filed my taxes with the impression I would be given my 100.00 credit. I qualified and did as required, like most of you. However, here’s the kicker. You won’t be eligible to get it. Why? Because In small print it states, 3 rules, 1. Open account. 2. Deposit refund. 3. Direct deposit of a payment. Credit Karma uses this 3rd as a way to get out of giving the payment. However, if you call customer service and explain to them that by directly depositing your tax refund into your new Credit Karma Spend account, you abided buy ALL THREE REGULATIONS SET FORTH UNDER THEIR TERMS. Thus, making you eligible for the 100.00 credit. I did it and it worked!! They can not refuse you!!

Best of Luck!!!

Hello, 

Update: By directly depositing a tax refund from TurboTax to the Credit Karma Spemd account, people are eligible for the credit. 

The definition of Direct deposit is the deposit of funds electronically into a bank account rather than through a physical, paper check.

Thus, making them eligible for the $100.00.

You are eligible for your $100.00 credit. You did infect abide by all terms set forth under their regulations.  If you deposited your tax refund directly into their spend account, then you let all 3 requirements.

Call customer service and tell them that you did use the direct deposit feature. You deposited your money directly into their account. By right, the owe it to you. 

This is not true!! Do NOT let them trick you. The definition of direct  deposit is the deposit of funds electronically into a bank account rather than through a physical, paper check.

This was already done when you agreed to directly deposit your refund into their Spend account. You do NOT have to set up direct deposit. That is an option. No where in the fine print does it say you have to “ set up” direct deposit. All you have to do is call them and mention you already abided by all 3 rules and they will tell you that you will infect, receive your money on or after June 15th

Thanks. But d*mn that's a huge f*cking rip off.

Chooper1
Returning Member

The same here. I got scammed sending it through credit karma. I didn't get the $100 they said I would either and turbo tax took $117. From now on I will never use Turbo Tax

It's a bunch of bu*! Sh*#!!!!! I didn't get my $100.00 as promised. And my refund did not come early. 

Kim

Turbo tax and credit Carla are liars and scam artists

So I did read that.  What I did was change my work direct deposit to put 5% in that account ( which is funding my seedfi account now)

I'm hoping this meets the requirements. So far my state came in and one direct deposit from work but nothing has shown. I'm thinking maybe when my federal comes then it will come

If not I'll be upset lol

KASARAH10

Yes, we got ours 5 days early. 

mkim126

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 3.02.21 PM.png

just got the reply from credit karma regarding $100. 

(3) set up a direct deposit to your Credit Karma Money Spend account and receive a Qualifying Direct Deposit through and including June 10, 2022. 

really?

I've been in a constant duel with credit karma over there supposed$100 bonus they have routinely directed me too contact turbo tax for the bonus and turbo tax directs you too credit karma I completed all the requirements and still have not seen my bonus I am currently in contact with Pissedoffconsumer because there seems too be no other alternative they just keep stating they have untill June 15 but as stated that's when "we" the customer has too complete all requirements upon completion your supposed too receive your deposit never in my life have I dealt with a company so non-customer oriented and unfriendly and unwilling too follow through with there own advertisements so I will definitely not ever use either service again due too there complete and straight up refusal too follow through worst company ever dealt with by far.. 

Burninwulf
Returning Member

Hey has anyone brought up the fact that Intuit BOUGHT Credit Karma? Turbotax is in bed with them. Get your stuff out of intuit because they're as guilty of scamming you as Credit Karma is. I'm personally never using Intuit again for any services and I'm taking this screenshot as an example. Turbotax used to be trustworthy but they've proved they're  willing to lie and scam you AND YOU'RE LETTING THEM HANDLE YOUR TAXES.

Burninwulf
Returning Member

So what your saying is that Credit Karma is owned by Intuit so both companies are guilty of scamming me? I used to trust this company but you're showing me that we can't trust the brand with our information much less our taxes.

Hamhock
Returning Member

I did see the fine print and I have called and emailed Turbo Tax and Credit Karma multiple times to find out what is specifically meant by "qualifying direct deposit." A rep from Turbo Tax answered earlier in this thread to contact Credit Karma directly and I have yet to speak to a person who even knows that this $100 bonus was offered, let alone what is meant by qualifying direct deposit. I have even specifically asked if that means a single deposit of $.01 or more from my employer, directly deposited into my Credit Karma spend account. The reply I received was, "Check your account after June 15." It seems Turbo Tax and Credit Karma are fraudulently promising a bonus to open a checking account but then providing the full details to receive said bonus. I will never file again with Turbo Tax and will transfer my money out of the Credit Karma account, as well as report to any federal regulatory agency as this seems to be a scam.

Hamhock
Returning Member

Once I clicked that link, there is no link to choose to advise on what the qualifying direct deposit is to receive the $100 bonus. Can you please advise on which regulatory agencies oversee Turbo Tax and Credit Karma as I would like to file formal complaints for scamming customers into opening accounts with the promise of a bonus that you fail to provide details on how to fulfill.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies