nansellars

Print original AFTER amended

Help! I filed an amendment and it was rejected. I cannot find my paper copy of my ORIGINAL return (which was accepted and I received my refund). I have spent an hour in my turbo account and can ONLY print the amendment. HOW can I get a copy of the original one???

macuser_22

Print original AFTER amended

Unless you saved a copy of it BEFORE you amended, your amended destroyed it and it is gone.

mesquitebean

Print original AFTER amended

You can probably download a copy of the original tax return transcript at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account (or already have one.)  If you can't establish the IRS account, you can order the transcript to come by postal mail in 5-10 calendar days.

An copy of the actual return from the IRS costs $43 and takes several weeks.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you used Online TurboTax, we can tell you how to download/print a copy of your amended return with all the worksheets and extra pages, but it won't have the original Form 1040, and the forms/worksheets will reflect the changes you made when you did the amendment, not the original data.

nansellars

Print original AFTER amended

Thank you. I had no idea I could open at account at the IRS and download. That's exactly what I did. Really appreciate the help! Now, if I can just get the issue (for which I needed the copy) fixed!!