Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

faith_swierat9877
Returning Member

Print my pdf

Need a pdf to print, where are they located
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Print my pdf

How do I save my 2018 TurboTax Online return as a PDF?

We'll automatically save your 2018 online return in both PDF and tax data file (.tax) formats once you file your return or when TurboTax Online shuts down in mid-October, whichever comes first.

You also have the option of saving your return as a PDF before filing if you want to see how the underlying tax forms have been filled out. Here's how:

1. Sign in and open (continue) your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Select the Take Me to My Return button on the main screen. (If you're using the TurboTax mobile app you will not have this option. Please sign in on a computer and continue the following steps.)
  3. Select Tax Tools in the left menu.
  4. Select Print Center, choose Print, save, or preview this year's return and follow the instructions.
    • If you haven't yet paid your TurboTax Online fee (or registered, if you're in a free version), you'll need to do so before you can save the PDF.

If you make changes to your return after saving your PDF, repeat these steps to ensure that your PDF file stays in-sync with your online data.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I print a copy of my return filed in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

When you print a records copy of your return, we include everything that was sent to the government, plus extra documentation and calculation worksheets.

However, the printout won't include copies of the entry forms you got in the mail, such as W-2s or 1099s. If you need copies of those, contact whoever issued them originally (e.g., your payroll department, payor, bank, brokerage, etc.).

Before proceeding, make sure Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed. Most computers already come with it, but if yours doesn't, you can download it for free.

To print through TurboTax:

1. Open the return you want to print in TurboTax.
  2. In the upper left corner, click File (on a Mac, click TurboTax) and then choose Print from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the window that appears, select the forms you want to print (tax return, specific forms, etc.) and then click the Preview Print Copy button (on a Mac, select your print options and then click Continue).
  4. Your return will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Select the "printer" icon in the upper left corner to open the print window, then after making any adjustments, select Print at the bottom.

You can also bypass TurboTax and print directly from a saved PDF copy of your return by double-clicking the PDF to open it and then following the instructions in Step 4.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Print my pdf

How do I save my 2018 TurboTax Online return as a PDF?

We'll automatically save your 2018 online return in both PDF and tax data file (.tax) formats once you file your return or when TurboTax Online shuts down in mid-October, whichever comes first.

You also have the option of saving your return as a PDF before filing if you want to see how the underlying tax forms have been filled out. Here's how:

1. Sign in and open (continue) your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Select the Take Me to My Return button on the main screen. (If you're using the TurboTax mobile app you will not have this option. Please sign in on a computer and continue the following steps.)
  3. Select Tax Tools in the left menu.
  4. Select Print Center, choose Print, save, or preview this year's return and follow the instructions.
    • If you haven't yet paid your TurboTax Online fee (or registered, if you're in a free version), you'll need to do so before you can save the PDF.

If you make changes to your return after saving your PDF, repeat these steps to ensure that your PDF file stays in-sync with your online data.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I print a copy of my return filed in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

When you print a records copy of your return, we include everything that was sent to the government, plus extra documentation and calculation worksheets.

However, the printout won't include copies of the entry forms you got in the mail, such as W-2s or 1099s. If you need copies of those, contact whoever issued them originally (e.g., your payroll department, payor, bank, brokerage, etc.).

Before proceeding, make sure Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed. Most computers already come with it, but if yours doesn't, you can download it for free.

To print through TurboTax:

1. Open the return you want to print in TurboTax.
  2. In the upper left corner, click File (on a Mac, click TurboTax) and then choose Print from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the window that appears, select the forms you want to print (tax return, specific forms, etc.) and then click the Preview Print Copy button (on a Mac, select your print options and then click Continue).
  4. Your return will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Select the "printer" icon in the upper left corner to open the print window, then after making any adjustments, select Print at the bottom.

You can also bypass TurboTax and print directly from a saved PDF copy of your return by double-clicking the PDF to open it and then following the instructions in Step 4.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies