turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I set up my tax return to direct deposit but that account got closed. My state check was mailed to me but my federal tax return I have no received.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Michelena

I set up my tax return to direct deposit but that account got closed. My state check was mailed to me but my federal tax return I have no received.

Once the IRS approves and sends your refund via direct deposit, it will fail since the account is closed and in return they will issue you a paper check in the mail. The processing time between the direct deposit failing and them printing and mailing out a paper check can sometimes take several weeks. However, you will still get your refund.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Michelena

Once the IRS approves and sends your refund via direct deposit, it will fail since the account is closed and in return they will issue you a paper check in the mail. The processing time between the direct deposit failing and them printing and mailing out a paper check can sometimes take several weeks. However, you will still get your refund.

Hope this helps!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies