Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a letter from IRS to mail/fax a 1095a and a 8962 form. How will I know they have received it? How long does it generally take to get confirmation?

Some Bs. @marcuspayne44 lol
Im going thru the same
tgreen916

I got a letter from IRS to mail/fax a 1095a and a 8962 form. How will I know they have received it? How long does it generally take to get confirmation?

Me too..what's the additional review for?

Still no update... called the Irs again yesterday and the lady says when you send more info in, its like they have to do a whole new tax form on paper and it could take as long as 16 weeks before i get my return. However, she also couldnt pull up my 2017 information so idk if she was just being cruel or giving me basic information. This really sux.

@drooker56 did the irs lady you spoke with give you the new refund amount , or were you sent something?
drooker56

@vrennicks - it was about 5 days after the TT152 message came back that I had to log into WMR with the new refund amount. The bars were then back and Tax Return was approved.
drooker56

@vrennicks - it was about 5 days after the TT152 message came back that I had to log into WMR with the new refund amount. The bars were then back and Tax Return was approved.
drooker56

@jaytee14903 - the kind IRS rep told me the new amount after I asked her what it was. 🙂
drooker56

@jaytee14903 - the kind IRS rep told me the new amount after I asked her what it was. 🙂
vrennicks
Returning Member

Thank you @drooker56
tianah07

Filed 1/29/2018
Accepted 1/30/2018
Bars disappeared 2/16/2018
Got 12c letter 2/20/2018
Faxed Docs 2/20/2018
IRS confirmed receipt of doc 3/2/2018
Tax topic 152 appeared 3/7/2018
Ordered transcript 3/8/2018
DDD of 3/13 on 3/9/2018
vrennicks
Returning Member

OK so my TT 152 disappeared again and my expected amount has came back has this happened to anyone? What could this possibly mean? I faxed everything they asked for. What more could they want??

I filed feb 1st it got accepted same day got letter feb 20th for 8962 form amd 1095a form faxed feb 21st. Still says processing. I have called irs numberous times all the tell me is wait 6 to 8 weeks and i have been able to order my tramscripts since feb 26th. I have no clue whats going on with my refund. Anyone know what it could be?
Melaine

Once faxed to them the process will take 6 - 10 weeks based on the estimate given by the IRS.  You can always contact IRS customer service line at 1 800 829 1040, for further assistance and also to verify if it was received.

Would love to know if you found out any information - im in the same boat but just received my letter on the 4th and was able to fax my documents to the IRS the same day...everything I can find on the subject is old and I think its too soon for me to call the IRS
er4204

@bellesellsde Hi I wish I could give you good news , but I am still waiting for confirmation of my fax. From what I was told by the IRS (I have called them twice ) that I will still be able to check on "where's my refund" once they process it. IRS told me to wait 3 weeks to start checking , but it is so hard to just wait three weeks. I have read from others in the same situation that it'll sometimes start processing in 10 days from when you fax (it has been 8 day for me, Wednesday is day 10) so I'm really hoping i will know something sooner, and when I do I will post on here again ..
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies