Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trandkr

On my bank account my routing number shows different than what is on my checks Does the banks have a different routing number for deposits like this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

On my bank account my routing number shows different than what is on my checks Does the banks have a different routing number for deposits like this

Some banks have a different routing number for electronic deposits. If you're not sure what routing number you should be using for direct deposit of your tax refund, ask the bank or check on their web site.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Some banks have a different routing number for electronic deposits. If you're not sure what routing number you should be using for direct deposit of your tax refund, ask the bank or check on their web site.

We closed our account in Idaho and opened a new account in Nebraska.how do I give you our new information

Your banking information cannot be changed after your tax return has been filed and accepted.

You enter/change banking information in the FILE section before you file your 2020 return.  The information in your tax return does not go to the IRS until you file the tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
deleht
Returning Member

Bank of America routing numbers depend on whether the refund is Paper, Electronic, or Wires. Turbotax asked specifically for an Electronic routing number; different than on the bottom of our checks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies