Offset

Wakkyi

Offset

I recently found out I had an offset for a child support case that was paid in full already. I called and verified, and got the child support representative to call and verify as well. However, it's still saying offset. My taxes have been accepted but but approved yet. Did they take the refund already?

Offset

TurboTax never gets feedback about your tax return after you file it.  No one at TT knows about your child support.  You will have to call to find out what happened--if anything.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

Wakkyi

Offset

I understand that you don't know about the child support. My question is will I still receive my refund on time because of the offset mistake that I cleared up?

Offset

We cannot tell you.  We do not know.  We have no way of knowing what the IRS is doing with your refund.