Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RTP813

NYS Form DTF-960-E

I filed my 2019 NYS joint income tax return (filed June 2020) using TurboTax Deluxe disc and recently received  a statement of proposed audit change from NYS Dept. of Taxation & Finance (Form DTF-960-E) requesting payment in the amount of $2,626.49, comprised of $2,202.00 of taxes & $424.49 of interest.  This adjustment was the result of the fact that TurboTax inexplicably included an additional $20,000.00 of pension exclusion on Line 29 of the State return (deduction should have been $12K+; amount on return was $32K+).  This resulted in a refund of $2,202.00 more than we should have received. 

I agree that we owe the state the $2,202.00 in taxes, however, we feel that TurboTax caused this adjustment by adding the additional $20,000.00 of pension deduction, resulting in the assessment of the $424.49 of interest.

We feel that the interest should be paid by TurboTax since it was the result of an error to our deductions on their part.

Thank you,

Marie & Richard Pafundi   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

NYS Form DTF-960-E

1 Reply

NYS Form DTF-960-E

You would have to submit a claim under the TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-billing/submit-claim-turb...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies