Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not receiving my full tax return

I filed my tax return on 2/26 and got the emails from state and federal to expect it in my account within 3 weeks, I’m expecting to get $1,468 and for some reason there is only $602 pending to be deposited to my account today. Neither my husband or I have any offsets they would be taking money from. Nobody answers the phone, the IRS tracking website tells me “we cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment email that your tax return was received by the IRS”, as I said I received this email on February 26. The only answer I’ve gotten was from a tax expert through another source who mentioned it might be the stimulus I did not receive last year however, there is no sight of the remaining $866 expected to be deposited. I will continue to call any and everyone I can but hope to get help here. Hard to say I’ll be returning to TurboTax next year, very frustrating.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Not receiving my full tax return

If your refund is less than you expected by a large amount, then it is likely that the IRS has corrected your return for errors they have found on your return. No information about the corrections is given to anyone at TurboTax by the IRS.

In the next few weeks, the IRS will send a notice explaining the changes they have made on your return.

If you agree, then no further action is needed.

If you do not agree with the changes, the notice will explain what you need to do to appeal the IRS decision.

Please also read this IRS FAQ for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies