turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not able to eFile my 2020 amendment

Trying to eFile my amendment. Ran into this error. Before eFile, it asks me to enter Today's Date. But during check, it forces me to enter a date in 2021. So, I changed it to 3/25/2021. And then during eFile, I got this error. What should I do? Give up?

Screenshot 2024-03-25 223440.png

To make matter worse. When I click on "Check E-file Status". It says my 2020 Federal Return is Accepted. I clearly stated this is an amended return in the beginning and TurboTax knows it. It was only about 30 min since I attempted. I did not receive any  E-mail about efiling. So I think this is not real.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Are you u sing the Desktop program?  Apparently you can not efile a prior  year amended return from the Desktop program.

On Feb 20, 2024 an employee posted this……..
According to our tech support team, this is not a product defect. TurboTax Desktop for prior years does not support E-file for amendments like TurboTax Online does. Apparently, the signature date is the trigger for rejecting an e-file attempt.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/tt-desktop-won-t-let-me-e-file-2022-amen...

The thread @VolvoGirl links to is from February of 2024. You would think that Turbotax should be able to resolve this issue in a month. After all online filers don't have this issue. 

The devil knows no shame.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies