turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got an email after I e-filed my taxes and it said that the AZ-8879 was ready to be signed. Do I need it to be sent to the IRS in order to receive my state refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I got an email after I e-filed my taxes and it said that the AZ-8879 was ready to be signed. Do I need it to be sent to the IRS in order to receive my state refund?

No.  You do not need to send AZ-8879 anywhere.  Just sign it and keep for your records.  Since your actual return can't be signed (because it's being e-filed) form 8879 serves as an authorization (or electronic signature) for your return.  AZ-8879 should be signed before the transmission of the return.

The AZ-8879 authorizes TurboTax to e-file the individual's AZ income tax return.  You need to sign the AZ-8879 in order to comply with Arizona Administrative Code.

To print the AZ-8879 please follow these steps:
  1. Click on TaxTools > Print Center in the black bar at the side of your screen. 
  2. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, click Print, save or preview this year's return.
  3. Mark the box(es) for 2018 [state] returns and your state, if amending it as well. 
  4. In the next section, select Just my tax returns.
  5. Click on the  View or print forms box. 
  6. When the print screen comes up you can select the pages to be printed.

[Edited | 1/25/19 | 11:33 PM PST]
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So, I already filed it and the form wasnt ready yet and my state return status is pending. How do I sign it after it's been e-filed?
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Print and sign the form now and keep it for your records.  I've added printing instructions to my original response.
bpayn002

So, is there a place I need to go on Turbo tax to sign for the efile other than just printing off for my records?
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

No.

Hello,

Does one need to know the 5 digit self-select pin from the prior year's form 8879C to successfully efile the current year 1120?

What do you do if you can't remember the old 5 digit pin you entered? Can you select a new 5 digit pin or will the return be rejected? If it's rejected without the correct last year's pin, what is the solution?

Thank you.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

It can be any five digit number.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies