turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am filling for me and my new husband for 2016. Right before I finalized it, I found out my husband did not file for 2015. Is there a way I can file for his 2015 while I'm filing our joint 2016 taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomD8
Level 15

I am filling for me and my new husband for 2016. Right before I finalized it, I found out my husband did not file for 2015. Is there a way I can file for his 2015 while I'm filing our joint 2016 taxes?

No.  You can't use a 2016 version of TurboTax to file a 2015 return.  Nor can a previous year's return be filed online.  If you want to use TurboTax to file his 2015 return, you have to purchase a 2015 version, which you can do here:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TomD8
Level 15

No.  You can't use a 2016 version of TurboTax to file a 2015 return.  Nor can a previous year's return be filed online.  If you want to use TurboTax to file his 2015 return, you have to purchase a 2015 version, which you can do here:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies