No Stimulus due to wrong dependant information

I and 24+  years and made 12K plus in 2019. I accidentally clicked 1) can someone claim as dependent 2)  Student. I was going to college for 4 months, but majority of the time I was a non student and had w2.

My parents have not claimed me as a dependent. I do not feature in their tax return at all. How do I correct it so that I am not denied of any stimulus payment this time or in future.

If you have already filed you can amend your return which will take many, many months to process, or you can get your stimulus next year when you file your 2020 return. 

If you have already filed you can amend your return which will take many, many months to process, or you can get your stimulus next year when you file your 2020 return.   Unfortunately, you may have missed credits such as earned income credit if you reported that someone can claim you. 

Thank you. Yes, I have already filed and also received the refund. So, I use 1040X to file the amendment ?

Yes.