Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I know my refund will be sent and I look on irs .gove website it say 24hours

So they mean 24 hours before my refund sent to me
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Sharmaine

When I know my refund will be sent and I look on irs .gove website it say 24hours

No, once the IRS has a release date, they will post the actual date on their website.  I recommend you continue to check their website once per day for an update.
How do I check my e-file status?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

Tanishau2

When I get taxes

Per the IRS :

How quickly will I get my refund?
We issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days.

I’m counting on my refund for something important. Can I expect to receive it in 21 days?
Many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after we receive your return. Even though we issue most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your refund may take longer. Also, remember to take into consideration the time it takes for your financial institution to post the refund to your account or for you to receive it by mail.

It's been longer than 21 days since the IRS received my return and I haven’t gotten my refund. Why?
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general

We will contact you by mail when we need more information to process your return.

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15. 

Will calling you help me get my refund any faster?
No. Our phone and walk-in representatives can only research the status of your refund 21 days after you filed electronically; 6 weeks after you mailed your paper return; or if Where’s My Refund? directs you to contact us.

What information does Where’s My Refund? have?
It has information on the most recent tax year refund we have on file for you.

When can I start checking Where’s My Refund? for my refund’s status?
24 hours after we’ve received your electronically filed tax return or 4 weeks after you’ve mailed a paper tax return.

Will Where’s My Refund? show me when I’ll receive my refund?
Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date after we process your return and approve your refund.

It's been 21 days I have not received my tax

refund

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If it has been longer than 21 days and your return is still processing, please contact the IRS directly. 

Look at the IRS contact information below.   

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Iaesha

Hey my name is iaesha n I would  like to know when will I receive my money 

For the most up to date information regarding your refund visit the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

Unfortunately, TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once your return is "Accepted". If the Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows your tax return is processing,  during this time the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days approximately, for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. 

Please see the links below for more information:

why haven't received  my refund yet 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You can check the IRS website  to check the status of your return.  You  must enter the primary SSN, filing status, and the gross amount of the refund. You may also call IRS @ 1-800-829-1040. The gross amount is what is on your actual tax form, not what you may receive after fees, etc.

The IRS is hard to contact, see this.  Each return must be cross checked for the normal and now with the new laws:

• stimulus- is it correct, pay missing amounts, do they need to be added for the new stimulus
  • unemployment - is it on there, was it filed with the $10,200 subtraction, does it need to be adjusted
  • premium tax credit - is it on there, is there an amount due, adjust the return
  • EIC - is it on, were they banned, is there a record of release to claim?
  • Child credit -anybody else claim, how old are kids, what is allowed
  • Typos, offsets, and so on for still more, it is a long process this year to check each return for so many things.
  • If there is a problem, you will get a letter explaining the issue.

The IRS is also processing returns mailed in last year and handling the current stimulus. They have scheduled this summer to adjust unemployment on returns.

The more items on your return, the more complicated the processing. Some people are getting their refund in two parts.

@CaJackaon414​​​​​​​

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies