Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

New W-2 Received

Today, 4/8/2020, my son received a W-2 from a company that he worked there for three days.  Those three days he was in training and did not receive any money.  The W-2 that he received today shows wages, tips other compensation  in the amount of $6377.76.  No Federal income tax was withheld.  The W-2 shows State wages of $228.06.  My son was only at this employer for three days because he had to go into rehabilitation and he has not worked since then.  What do I have to do to get this W-2 corrected?

2 Replies
Expert Alumni

New W-2 Received

You should start with the employer.  Next, if necessary, contact the IRS: 1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday


You may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number -

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 15

New W-2 Received

I would start by asking the employer that issued the W-2 where the $6,377 is since your son never received it.  If he is due the money as the W-2 reports, and never received it, then report it to your state labor dept if the employer neither produces the money or admits and corrects a mistake.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings