Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need 2017 tax return

Download 2017 tax return
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Need 2017 tax return

How did you prepare your 2017 return--in Online TurboTax or desktop software (CD/download)?

If prepared online, have you located it in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" when you expand that section and choose tax year 2017?   There should be a link there to "Download/print the PDF." 

Or when you try that, does it tell you access is locked and asks you to pay?   If so, we can tell you the precise steps to do that.

Or do you find no evidence of a 2017 return that you prepared online?  If that's the case, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

If the 2017 return was prepared in desktop software (CD/download), you are the only one who could have saved a copy of it.

We can tell you more when you answer all the above.

Ro2
Returning Member

Need 2017 tax return

It tells me that I have to pay... can this be done from my cell phone.. I don't have access to a computer!

Need 2017 tax return

Afternoon,

I'm applying for student loan and require my 2017 tax return.  When I attempt to download them I'm told I have to pay.  I did not see any indication of the cost or how to pay for the return.  Your assistance is helpful.

Need 2017 tax return

@cmendez9901 wrote:

Afternoon,

I'm applying for student loan and require my 2017 tax return.  When I attempt to download them I'm told I have to pay.  I did not see any indication of the cost or how to pay for the return.  Your assistance is helpful.

The method to pay to unlock prior returns depends on what all you have done with your 2018 return.

Please answer all of the following:

1. Have you already filed a 2018 return in Online TurboTax, or is one still in preparation?  Or did you file elsewhere?
  2. Was the 2018 return prepared in Free Edition, and is it still in Free Edition?
  3. Is the 2018 return in the SAME account as the 2017 online return?

We can tell you how to unlock a return once you answer all the questions above.

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Need 2017 tax return

I have multiple account and do not find my 2017 return on any of them. I did them online. How do I find that year returns?

Need 2017 tax return

Could you have done another return in your account?  That's common.  It would overwrite the first return.

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

You can also request a transcript from the IRS
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies