Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sudedila

My TurboTax status says both my Federal and State returns have been accepted for a month now, but when I check IRS site it only shows my Federal return and it is recieved

In IRS’s site it only shows my Federal tax and it says recieved, not approved. But my Turbotax status says both are accepted. It has been more than a month since the day I applied for my tax return. Can you pleaae help me?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My TurboTax status says both my Federal and State returns have been accepted for a month now, but when I check IRS site it only shows my Federal return and it is recieved

@ sudedila wrote:
In IRS’s site it only shows my Federal tax and it says recieved, not approved. But my Turbotax status says both are accepted. It has been more than a month since the day I applied for my tax return. Can you pleaae help me?

Only the IRS can tell you why your Federal refund is delayed.  If you want to try to phone them, I've listed the steps lower down in this posting.

A state refund is never shown at the IRS website, which is for a Federal refund only.  You have to check on it at your state's refund lookup site (see FAQ below.)  Some states are fairly quick with refunds, while other states can take a long time processing returns--even several weeks--as they crack down on detecting fraudulent returns.   The FAQ below tells how to check on a state refund and has a link for your state.  Then you'll see information for your state (which may include info on how long it takes in your state) and a link to go to your state's "Where's My Refund" tool.   Your state may also have a FAQ section at it's "Where's My Refund" site that tells how long to expect in your state.  If it's taking longer than expected for your state, you can phone your state's department of revenue to see if you can get any information.

Choose your state from the chart below the video in this FAQ:

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

If you want to phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about your Federal refund, here's how:

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.   If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it. 
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies