Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Tax History Only Shows One Year?

We just finished our 2023 taxes.  We used the Windows Desktop version again this year, and we have used that same local Windows Desktop method since 2004.  Each year we look at the Tax History to see the last five years.  This year for 2023 it only shows the current year tax history.  Why? 

To investigate, I opened a new return and let TT "find" the *.tax2023 data files on my computer.  It found ours and I selected it. TT loaded the data which looked correct and complete (same as the first time; I didn't need to do any changes or updates).  So I went to the task bar, "Tools" and selected Tax History from the drop down menu. It displayed the correct Tax History, 2019 - 2023 ( 2023 only showing Deductions so far as I never went further).  What happened? 

Somehow TT failed to retain the Tax History until completion because the initial TT use (what I filed today) only shows 2023.  I reopened our 2023 and verified that.  I can start a 'New Return' ,  TT will find our Tax History data (not certain how, but that's OK) and I can get TT to correctly display the last four years and the start of a 2023 year.  Perhaps there is a problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My Tax History Only Shows One Year?

DELETED...too much going on in what you posted...so I don't really understand what you've done....ro not done.

but

My desktop file ...e-filed on Monday, certainly contains all the full 2y and 5yr info

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies