Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Filed form 8453 HCTC by mistake... don't qualify for it but didn't realize. My return is being suspended & was told to wait for a letter from IRS. Anyone know what to do?

my status has been the same through the whole process. All is says is still processing. I’m glad you got answers. They won’t tell me anything other than wait 6 to 8 weeks. Smh. I’m hoping my refund comes a lot sooner this really sucks.

Filed form 8453 HCTC by mistake... don't qualify for it but didn't realize. My return is being suspended & was told to wait for a letter from IRS. Anyone know what to do?

It absolutely sucks. Waiting. I told them I will be leaving next week for a month of training in another country. So I think they were more willing to work with me. Granted I held on the line for about an hr. But if they do send correspondence I won’t be able to respond so I’m in a lose/lose situation.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I hope it comes before you leave.

Any updates on yours?

I just called a few hours ago. They are saying 6 to 8 weeks. They don’t have anymore info for me. I’m about 31/2 weeks from when I sent the fax to them.. I’ll message back if I get anymore info. This is so aggravating ???

Ughhhh but if they wanted their money, they’d make sure they get it. Hahaha fast to take, slow to give.

WMR just updated today said I should receive my refund by May 7!

I am so happy for you.  I still have not got any updates. Next year I am paying someone to do my taxes.  Lol.

Lol! I hear ya! I am too. I just hated paying H&R Block. But I’m selling my house this year so it’ll be easier lol. Did you send your fax on 2apr as well?

Because if you did, they started working the batch received on that day 21 APR. because I called on 11APR and they said 10 days that batch would be worked on. So fingers crossed yours updates soon!

I sent my fax March 29th.   I don’t know what’s going on.

Really? That’s crazy if you get the right person willing to actually look you can get more answers. Just use my story. Even though you’re not going out of country. I have no one checking my mail so I didn’t know if there’ll be other correspondence sent. And both times I called they looked just a bit more and had answers

I just called and used your story. All they will tell me is it’s still processing. I also called the tax advocate.  This is really getting aggravating

And it was just the health care form you accidentally claimed right? Nothing else was inyour letter? Unfortunate they don’t have any other answers I mean you got yours faxed before mine. They told me if they foresaw any other correspondence they would send. And when they we’re going to start working my batch. I’m sorry!  I hope you get answers soon

I finally got more info earlier the lady I spoke with said May 10th . My fax was processed . She said if I don’t receive an update on WMR. To call back May 11th. Fingers crossed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies