Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mjuan19

My son filed his amend. and is showing now as Adjusted but not yet Complete. I need to submit mine after his correction. Do I have to wait for COMP? How long it takes?

It took like 11 weeks to move from "Received" to "Adjusted". Wonder if I have to still wait for the complete process to finish before I can submit mine as it is depending on that correction to go through (he marked himself as "Nobody can claim me as a dependent" accidentally.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My son filed his amend. and is showing now as Adjusted but not yet Complete. I need to submit mine after his correction. Do I have to wait for COMP? How long it takes?

Waiting for your son's amended return to be fully processed is not going to help you e-file your own return.  It will still take a VERY long time for the system to show that he changed his return.  You can only file your own return that claims him as a dependent by mailing your return.  You cannot e-file this year at all.   Print, sign and date your return in ink, and mail it.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

since he filed his return and did not indicate he could be claimed as a dependent, even after his amended return is fully processed, you may not be able to e-file yours. Doesn't hurt to try but if you get a rejection code ind-517-01 you'll have to mail yours. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies