turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

renee7

My returns were transmitted on January 27th but I haven't heard anything it just says they are pending

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My returns were transmitted on January 27th but I haven't heard anything it just says they are pending

The IRS just started accepting returns on the 27th, so there is a backlog.  Give it another day or two.

carlosr321
Returning Member

I'm going threw the same thing

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed early and was accepted on the 27th and I am still waiting as well.  I was able to order both return and account transcripts yesterday morning and usually in the past that means its a good sign

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies