Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Ton715
Returning Member

My Return is more than $1600 SHORT!

They took my whole refund and told us we owe them$300 which equals the total amount of our last stimulus check. I thought we didn’t have to pay that back. Very upset at this point and can’t get a straight answer. 

Yeah Turbo Tax program left out the worksheet for the credit rebate! That’s why we didn’t get it!

and just try to contact Audit Defense like you re supposed it with IRS Ltr & they don’t know cause they think return is correct.  Yes check IRS web if no 3 check but worksheet says if you get it!

TurboTax really blundered here!

Hanging up on me when I called in to explain & complain did not help this long time customer to come back either 

Bad error on a routine 1040 & 1040SR

@READMARY55 

The Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet is available as one of the worksheets included in your tax return.  If you used the TurboTax online editions use Print Center and the option for all worksheets.  Since the worksheet is not a Federal Form or Schedule it would not be included in the tax return that was filed. 

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

The IRS removed the credit because they have records showing the the 3rd stimulus payment was already sent to you.  Removing a credit that you were not entitled to receive is Not an Audit, so Audit Defense would not be involved.

Go to this IRS website for your tax account to see if the 3rd stimulus payment is entered - https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account
If you are Married Filing Jointly also check your spouse's tax account.

If you checked your bank account in the March - May 2021 timeframe and there is not a EIP3 payment from the IRS then go to this IRS website for how to start a trace on the payment - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

When filing I followed program instructions to check IRS.gov since I did not receive 3rd check, verified not sent. If worksheet questions were incorporated into TurboTax program it would not have found me ineligible for 3rd check due to my answers to questions on the beginning screens related to dependents.  When I printed my return, the only worksheet printed with Federal 1040 was the Standard Deduction Chart.

Page 59 Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet-Line 30 on page 59 of 1040 Instructions was not.

I did not receive 3rd check, I verified IRS did not issue 3rd check, according to Worksheet I was not eligible for 3rd check.  TurboTax did not catch this in the program and entered the Credit incorrectly and filed an incorrect return on behalf of the taxpayer.

@READMARY55 Then you did not use Printer Center and the option for all worksheets.  Assuming you used the online editions.  The Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet would have been included along with many other worksheets and pages for your information only, along with the tax return.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

LL9Yii
Returning Member

I just got the deposit from TPG sbtpg LLC  into my accnt.  IT IS $1547.00 SHORT OF WHAT MY TAX RETURN IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!   Has anyone gotten "ANY" answers here?? What can we do about this?  Who do we need to contact to get the rest of our $$???

I work hard for my $$.

We all do, and cannot allow this to happen.

@LL9Yii wrote:

I just got the deposit from TPG sbtpg LLC  into my accnt.  IT IS $1547.00 SHORT OF WHAT MY TAX RETURN IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!   Has anyone gotten "ANY" answers here?? What can we do about this?  Who do we need to contact to get the rest of our $$???

I work hard for my $$.

We all do, and cannot allow this to happen.

Does the IRS website indicate that you were sent less than what was reported on your federal tax return Form 1040 Line 34? - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

LL9Yii
Returning Member

I'll have to look into that this weekend. I unfortunately have to work. and can't dive into it right now.  I'll look at everything this weekend and contact the IRS, as well. 

In addition, I DID NOT receive the extra $1400 stimulus check.  Not sure who they sent it to, but it wasn't me.

This needs to get resolved.   Thank You.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies