Hockeyguy03

My return is filed & accepted. I since received a 1099-C that needs to be reported, correct? Also I may receive more of those, should I wait to amend or amend each time?

AmyW

Since all tax documents are reported directly to the IRS, you will want to report them on your tax return. If you are expecting more tax documents, then you should wait until you have them to amend your tax return.

First, you will want to wait until your tax return is accepted or rejected. If it is rejected, then you can go in and fix the mistake. If accepted, then you will want to wait until your original tax return is processed by the IRS. If you are receiving a refund, you should wait until the check is issued. Amended returns must be filed by mail. 

To amend a 2017 return, follow the steps in the article below: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6603004

AmyW

Hockeyguy03

Great info! Thank you, i appreciate the help!!
AmyW

It was my pleasure.