Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jason1960

My refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My refund

This is not live chat.   Please ask a complete and clear question so we know how to help or answer you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
nsejrtax
Returning Member

My refund

JUST RECEIVED A NOTICE FROM THE IRS, THAT MY TAX RETURN ONE OR MORE ERRORS.  PLEASE BE AS SO KIND TO TELL ME WHAT MY ERROW OR ERROWS ARE.  

My refund

The IRS will send you a letter explaining the adjustment to your return. Since we can’t see your return we can’t help you with this. 

My refund

@nsejrtax wrote:

JUST RECEIVED A NOTICE FROM THE IRS, THAT MY TAX RETURN ONE OR MORE ERRORS.  PLEASE BE AS SO KIND TO TELL ME WHAT MY ERROW OR ERROWS ARE.  

Did the IRS letter not have any specific details?   Was it just a notice telling you that your refund has been delayed, and possibly provided a list of possible things that could be wrong?   Did it ask you to take any action?

If you need help understanding your IRS notice/letter and how to respond to it (if needed), you can speak to a live TurboTax agent in the free TurboTax Audit Support Center.   Because of the holiday weekend, they may not be open until Tuesday.   

To get the phone number, go to the link below, click the blue "Get Help" button, and follow the prompts.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/ 

My refund

@nsejrtax - most everyone who posts that their return was adjusted, made a mistake with Line 28 or Line 30 of Form 1040.

I can help if you answer the following

1) what was the EXACT amount of the IRS adjustment

2) what is on Line 28 for Form 1040 (if this line is NOT zero, please also post what is on Line 14f of Form 8812)

3) what is on Line 30 of Form 1040

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies