turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

manan1003

My refund was sent to be direct deposited on April 20. Today is April 26, I still have not received the refund. I verified the routing and account # and its correct.

What could be the issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My refund was sent to be direct deposited on April 20. Today is April 26, I still have not received the refund. I verified the routing and account # and its correct.

First, check the IRS refund site. Any date that Turbotax gave you when you filed is only an estimate.  https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

•If the IRS site says "processing" or anything other than "refund sent" with a date, then the IRS has not sent the refund.  If it is more than 21 days you can try calling them.  1-800-829-1040  They should also be sending a letter with other information or instructions.  If is it more than 8 weeks, and the regular IRS number is no help, you can call the taxpayer advocate. https://www.irs.gov/Advocate

•If it says "refund sent" and you did not use refund processing (to pay your fees from your refund or get a debit card) then the money is between the IRS and your bank.  Try calling your bank.  If your bank rejected the deposit (such as, for a bad account number) then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your return in 2-3 more weeks.  If you do not receive a paper check in 3 weeks, you can put a trace on your refund. https://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Question...

•If it says "refund sent" and you DID use refund processing to pay your fees, then contact www.sbtpg.com.  SBTPG bank is supposed to open an account in your name, receive the deposit, deduct your fees, and then send the rest of the money to your regular bank.  If there are any problems (such as, your bank rejects the deposit or your account number is wrong), then SBTPG will hold the refund until they verify your identity and mailing address, and then mail a check.  They are supposed to notify you by email but you may need to contact them, in case the email was lost, put in a spam filter, or never sent.  (The verification process is a new step this year because last year they were apparently tricked into sending some checks to the wrong people.) You may contact SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com if you need more information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies