tynisachanelle

My refund was accepted on feb 1 2018 and still no ddd it’s still processing

ChrisVonHoep

Delays have been common this year.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.
lailareese

I filed feb 1 also and still nothing. I called thursday and was told i was under a 45 day review and it could be april 26th before i see anything. Utterly ridiculous!!! And well beyond 45 days...smh
kristib5481

I was told the same exact thing.
lailareese

Just keep checking your wheres my refund. My wheres my refund updated last sat and i recieved my return on the 14th

kristib5481

@lailareese did you ever receive a letter. I was tole this past Wednesday it could be 45 days, so maybe I will get it in two weeks like you did
lailareese

Yes i did get a letter, yesterday???. It said if they found something it could take up to 60 days from the date of my letter but as i said i already received my return.........smh Its crazy that you would send someone an explanation finally after they already released my money. But at least its over. Hang in there it will come. But i do think that because i called and verified everyone on my return to identify myself sped things up.
kristib5481

Oh I see , when I called they said I did not need to do anything else but wait. But who knows they may send me a letter and it could take up to 9 weeks. It is a bummer, but like my parents told me. Just consider it a savings haha.