leahhead7744

My refund was accepted Jan 19, 2018 and it still says processing. I haven't been Approved or direct deposit date, is there a problem? It's been 31 days.

ChrisVonHoep

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. 

During processing, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.