Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

lylianaz

My refund was accepted 21 days ago and my refund is still processing according to WMR, what can I do to see if there is an issue?

The advocate told me to call back today with an ext. number. but at least they give me more infor than what the damn IRS does.

My refund was accepted 21 days ago and my refund is still processing according to WMR, what can I do to see if there is an issue?

@lylianaz right,  I figured they would give more info than talking to the IRS.  Like it shouldn't take nobody 2 months to recieve their refund.  I filed on Jan. 29 and gotta play the waiting game until April 2 that's BS
lylianaz

@thaquile93  exactly me too... I filed on the 29th of jan and im still waiting. i really hope next year aint the same as this bs

I am more than likely going to take that same step, how do I go about calling the advocate center. Or is it the same number.
lylianaz

@kristib5481  call the IRS tax advocate number 1877 777 4778

@kristib5481 @lylianaz  I called today and they told me that my refund was randomly selected for additional review.  And my review started on March 5th,  he said the review time frame takes 45 days,  and the end of the review is April 19th but some people receive their refund a few weeks after review.  He said I will likely get a letter in the mail saying the same thing he told me.  And if the letter says to respond back do as the letter say and the quicker I respond the fastsr I will get my refund.  And he said if the letter says don't respond then just wait patiently.  And if I don't receive my refund after April 19th call them back and they will then send me referrals on what to do next,  he said there's nothing wrong it happens to some people

Oh wow, that is a lot of obstacles to go through for someone that is randomly selected. I am unsure why they are doing things so differently this year is beyond me. It is crazy that even after waiting till after April 19th that they will have it resolved. I am not sure why they make it feel like its riding a roller coaster to just to get what is yours. I do not like being the "chosen one" when it comes to this type of situation.

And thank you for the phone number. I really appreciate it.
lylianaz

you called the irs advocate or the IRS rep. becuase that's exactly what the IRSrep said but the advocate was telling me a complete diff thing. my 45 days were beginning from feb 15th ending april 1st. I haven't recieved nothing in the mail or heared anything back from anyone... @thaquile93
lylianaz

i was being reviewed too and they just keeping adding time for nothing. if they don't find anything wrong the first round they dont need no damn additiional time to look in.

@lylianaz  both told me the same thing. The tax advocate I spoke with she told me there wasn't anything wrong,  it just happens to some people.  But there is a possibility it could come sooner

@lylianaz I agree, then they want you to be patient, but I don't have anymore patience left smh.
lylianaz

@thaquile93 @kristib5481 UPDATE: Finally got thru to advocate they will be calling me on the 14th to force the process and was finally told why my return was delaying....They had all my w-2's on the IRS file that were on my refund file but one so I have to fax over my w-2 due to because the employer never sent my w-2 to the IRS. so its the last  employers fault I was delayed my refund. and a second reason was because they seen I didn't file one of my w-2s but explained because I received it in mail 2 weeks after I filed my taxes so they excused that. I can't wait til this whole process is over with.

goodness that is a lot of things you finally did find out, I know your are relieved to some extent. But regardless it is very time consuming holding on to refunds the way they are,. Did they state from here on out how much longer would it take. My friend said that they told her 9 weeks.

@lylianaz @kristib5481 I recieved my 4464c letter today,  and it basically says the same thing they told me,  that they are just reviewing to make sure everything is accurate,  and the letter says I don't need to do anything, as he stated that if it says not to do anything,  just be patient
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies