Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tcea05

My refund took longer than expected. I chose the pay by refund option but subsequently had to pay out of pocket. Will my refund automatically be sent in the full amount?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My refund took longer than expected. I chose the pay by refund option but subsequently had to pay out of pocket. Will my refund automatically be sent in the full amount?

Yes.  They won't take the fees out again.  But they might take the 39.99 Pay with Refund fee if they didn't take it the first time.  

If the IRS releases your refund after you've paid your TurboTax fees, we won't deduct your TurboTax fees twice. However, we still deduct the Refund Processing fee.

Here's the FAQ for that.....

If the IRS took too long to send your refund and you paid the fees out of pocket then see step 3 under What happens if the IRS reduces my refund......
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies