Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund is being sent to some random bank account?

After e-filing and having my returns accepted, I download the tax return PDF to see that my refund is going to be deposited into some random MVB bank account? I've used TurboTax every year and it always defaults to my checking account with my bank. This year, it didn't ask where to deposit the refund, so I assumed it would be going into my regular account, but apparently not? I can't find any way to try and update this. The main IRS number doesn't allow me to do anything other than hear it say my returns were accepted and the e-filing number TurboTax help chat suggested to call had people tell me to just call the main IRS number. So I have no idea where to go or who to call to update my bank account information. I want to do this before the payment tries to get processed in a couple of weeks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

UPDATE: Looks like the routing and account info is set up through Credit Karma, the place TurboTax works with and my return is going to be deposited into there for some reason, even though I never asked it to. I'm hoping I can just move all of the money off of that account and into my real one without issues...

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Did you pay your TurboTax Fees out of your refund? If so, what you are seeing is the account where your refund is deposited, your fees are removed and then the rest is forwarded to your account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies