null689

My prior year tax return was corrected by the IRS. As a result the amount of the refund applied to this year's taxes has changed. How do I change this?

To enter, change or delete a refund from the prior year applied to this years taxes (Federal, State, Local) -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Other Income Taxes, click on the start or update button

On the next screen select the options under 2020 Refund Applied to 2021

Or enter refund applied to this year in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to refund applied to this year

The prior year refund amount applied is shown on Form 1040 Line 26

rjs

@null689  DoninGA is assuming that the "prior year" is 2020 and "this year" is 2021, and that you have not yet filed your 2021 tax return. Are all of those assumptions correct?