Solved: My original return showed refund for fed. and state taxes,amended return shows $0 for each type of tax. What is happening?

fttiky

My original return showed refund for fed. and state taxes,amended return shows $0 for each type of tax. What is happening?

my original tax returns show refund on both Federal and State taxes. I amended them to correct my first name that has been misspelled and the amended returns show $0 refund. Why?

WillK

The original return and the amended return are considered two separate returns. Amended returns do not “catch up” to your original return and replace them; they are processed as two separate returns.  When you filed your amended return the $0 means that the information you entered you are not due an additional refund nor do you owe additional taxes. You will still get back you original return amount. 

Did your first original return reject?  Then you don't amend.  You just fix it and resend it.  I don't think you need to amend to change the name spelling.   If it rejected you need to delete the amended return.  Are you using the Online web version or the CD/Download Desktop program?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552833-how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-the-turbotax-...>
annepound213

no the original did not reject and i have already received the refund for it
WillK