turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Ohio return still shows as pending. Federal return accepted the 12th. Is this normal for the state return to show pending so long? I filed both returns 1/29/21

Has anyone had an Ohio return accepted yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

My Ohio return still shows as pending. Federal return accepted the 12th. Is this normal for the state return to show pending so long? I filed both returns 1/29/21

Same here, filed Ohio state and it's still showing pending...

Mine showing the samething in Ohio 

Mine showing same in California

Same for colorado....federal accepted fast...been 5hrs now and state says the irs recieved it but still pending

My California does to since 1/29 federal accepted 2/12 I wonder if something is wrong with tt

Bperillo82
Returning Member

Federal is already accepting returns. Some states are not accepting yet. Check with your states revenue department to see if they are able to accept yet.

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I just received notification overnight that my state (Ohio) return was accepted.  I'm thinking it had to do with Federal being accepted on a Friday, then the weekend, then the holiday on Monday.  Hopefully everyone else's will follow suit.  

Thanks for letting us know about your update. My Ohio state tax still shows as pending, however, I will come back and update everyone when and if mine updates as well. 

*UPDATE* My Ohio state taxes are now showing Accepted! Thank God because we are in need of every dime right now. 

I filed Georgia return on Saturday 2/13 and still (2/17) shows as pending. Fed return was accepted. Georgia DOR website states they began to accept returns on 2/12. Anyone heard from Georgia DOR?

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

The following TurboTax FAQ may offer some insight as to why your return is still pending: Why is my return still pending?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi my ca state is still pending since 1/29 is there something wrong on turbo tax end?

I don't think anything is wrong on Turbo Tax end.  I don't think your state return will be accepted until your federal is accepted, usually a couple of days after.  Even though you submitted your returns on 1/29, they would not have even been attempted to be filed by Turbo Tax until 2/12, when the federal government started accepting them.  Plus, California is hella big.  If your federal return has been accepted, and it's been more than a week and your state still has not been accepted, then I would maybe think there was an issue.  

My federal was accepted the 12th state still pending I did my brothers taxes and he's been accepted to by federal so I'm thinking there's something wrong on turbo taxes end

I would give it until at least Monday.  There are a ton of people in California who I am sure filed at the same time as you.  Plus we had a federal holiday Monday where nothing was accepted by governments.  

My federal was accepted the 12th.  My state the 17th.  And I am only in Ohio, which has about a third the population as California.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies