turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

heb5a0

My NYS return status says my return may require further review? What does this mean. It seems very vague.

The words said "may require further review"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnR

My NYS return status says my return may require further review? What does this mean. It seems very vague.

Hi,

The states and feds can hold up an look at any return for any reason at any time.  If they require something from you they will send you a letter. Respond promptly and truthfully as directed.  Many states are implementing new security protocols which is delaying the processing of returns so all you can do is wait patiently for some word.

View solution in original post

137 Replies
JohnR

Hi,

The states and feds can hold up an look at any return for any reason at any time.  If they require something from you they will send you a letter. Respond promptly and truthfully as directed.  Many states are implementing new security protocols which is delaying the processing of returns so all you can do is wait patiently for some word.

Did you get it back yet? Mine says the same

I got the same message when i checked. I got my fed back.

I has been saying this for a long time and it hasn't changed but it's frustrating as hell, I got my federal back awhile ago I filed feb 6th an still no state yet.

mine just changed to being processed today no longer saying further review i hope that means good news

What is the maximum days to process if it says under review mine was accepted Jan 24th until now

Same here kobmichelle!

Anyone has any updates on their New York states as far us under review pls have comments below

Still says the same thing no update but it's frustrating

Just got my DDD of 3/20 after waiting for a new message for over a month

Accepted 02/24 and still says may need further review smh

I was accepted 1/26 Dominique.blue12 and still nothing

Mines was accepted feb 2nd and still under review

Mine went from further review for over a month back to processing. So now we wait for  a DDD.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies