Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My loan provider is asking for evidence that I filed a Federal extension for 2023 (form 4868). Where can I find the form TurboTax filed on my behalf?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My loan provider is asking for evidence that I filed a Federal extension for 2023 (form 4868). Where can I find the form TurboTax filed on my behalf?

If used the TurboTax Easy Extension to e-file the Form 4868 extension request, you can print the Form 4868.  You must pay the TurboTax online account fees, if any, before you can view/print/download the form or the 2023 tax return.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2023 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Unfortunately none of what you suggest shows up for me. Could it be because when I filed for extension (and was accepted) I didn’t owe any taxes? I don’t see anything on the website for 2023 taxes, even though I have emails that show I filed for extension and the extension was approved.

You need to start a 2023 tax return by entering some personal information.  Start the 2023 return using the same User ID you used for the TurboTax Easy Extension.  Once enough information is on the 2023 return then you can access Print Center on the left side of the online program screen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies