thelms22

My last years refund was kept by the IRS to pay taxes they said I owed. So I put my refund amount in the spot saying my refund went to pay taxes for 2017. Is that right?

SteamTrain

No...paying off what you owed for prior years is not the same thing.

Indicating it is used for 2017 taxes is only to be used if they "would have" returned the entire amount to you had you elected to receive a check....but you indicated at that time to roll the refund into your 2017 taxes instead

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain