ahueckstaedt

My Illinois tax return says Do Not File Form Not Final. I completed prior to 2/13, and have come back to your site today to print and it still says the same thing.

mesquitebean

I can probably tell you how to print the return without the watermark.  Are you printing to review prior to efiling, printing for your records after filing, or printing to file by mail?
ahueckstaedt

Printing to file by mail. Thanks
mesquitebean

You said you wanted to print to file by mail.   Try this method, and if it doesn't work to remove the watermark, then use the second method.

• Log in and go to your 2016 Tax Timeline.
  • There will no longer be a "Take me to my return" button.  So open your return this way:
  • Scroll to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "Add a state." (you don't really add one--that's just to open the return.)
  • Once the return is open you can go to the State Taxes tab to review or finish the return if necessary.  Some of the forms may have updated since you were last there.
  • Then go to the REVIEW tab and step through that.
  • Then go through the screens at the FILE tab and select to "file by mail".
  • It should then offer you a chance to print the return and Filing Instructions.   Is the watermark gone?

If the watermark is still there, then try this:

• While your return is still open, click at the top on MY ACCOUNT.
  • Then choose PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print/save/view this year's return."  It may offer you a PDF "as filed with government" and one with "all forms for government and worksheets" and one for "all forms."   See if one of those has clear forms without the watermark.