turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello7

My husband & I filed jointly. His student loan took the whole refund. A few days later I got a W2, so I filed an amendment & injury spouse form. Now it says I owe $1774.

How is that possible? We got back $11,315(well his student loan did). Then when I filed my other W2 it took $1774 from the original refund & is now saying it's owed. How do I know if my difference in the refund will be received or if the Injury spouse form has even been processed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My husband & I filed jointly. His student loan took the whole refund. A few days later I got a W2, so I filed an amendment & injury spouse form. Now it says I owe $1774.

if your 1040X says you owe $1,774, you must include  payment of $1,774 with the 1040X.

$11,315 is an extremely large refund. Are you sure it was correct in the first place?
Hello7

@fanfare this notice just came up when I checked my account on irs.gov AFTER I filled an amendment, to add my 2nd W2 that came in the mail. If I would of filed alone I was getting $6400
Hello7

@SweetieJean when you have 4 dependents & work that's not odd at all...
Anonymous
Not applicable

impossible for a student loan interest deduction which is limited to $2,500 for 2018 to produce an $11,000+ refund.   you statement doesn't really make sense  because you also say his student loan debt took the refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies