michellerank23

My federal was accepted on January 14th and the state I was able to do on the 17th. Why is the State tax still pending?

The IRS does not officially open e-filing until January 28, although they take some returns for early testing, this is unannounced and we don’t know when, who, or how many. You don’t say which state, so we can’t tell you when your state officially opens e-filing. 

No tax software provider directly transmits tax returns to any taxing authority. Instead, the tax returns are placed in a data warehouse to which the state and federal tax authorities connect and download the returns into their own systems. TurboTax opened their data warehouse for early filers, but has no control over when any particular state will start to connect and download returns. 

michellerank23

Ok, Thank you for your quick response, and the State is Massachusetts.