luey67

My federal return says I may need to report my 1099c on my state return but I can't find where to enter that information

SeanE1

When you enter your 1099-C into Turbotax it will automatically populate your state tax return. To include your 1099-C on your 2016 income tax return follow these steps:

How to Enter a 1099-C Into Turbotax:

• Go to Federal Taxes

• Select Wages & Income

• Click I'll choose what I work on

• Scroll down the page to the last section “Less Common Income

• Select Start to the right of Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C

• Scroll down the page to the Cancellation of debt (Form 1099-C) or the abandonment and/or acquisition of secured property (Form 1099-A) section and click Start to the right of this line

• Go through all of the questions and enter the 1099-C amount and description of why you received it.

SeanE1

How to Enter a 1099-C Into Turbotax:

• Go to Federal Taxes

• Select Wages & Income

• Click I'll choose what I work on