Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bnm1102

My federal refund was returned to the irs for absent name on the checking account. Now what will happen with my state return? Will it also be sent in a paper check form?

The question is about my state refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

My federal refund was returned to the irs for absent name on the checking account. Now what will happen with my state return? Will it also be sent in a paper check form?

For your federal return, a paper check will be mailed to the address on the tax return.  More than likely your state refund will be returned for the same reason and a paper check will be mailed as well. I recommend you be proactive and contact your state department of revenue regarding this issue.  It is likely contacting them will result in your getting your refund sooner.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

For your federal return, a paper check will be mailed to the address on the tax return.  More than likely your state refund will be returned for the same reason and a paper check will be mailed as well. I recommend you be proactive and contact your state department of revenue regarding this issue.  It is likely contacting them will result in your getting your refund sooner.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies